2007/06/26

Sunday, sunday, SUNNNNDAAAYY

It was cultural tour day, which meant lots of walking through woods & mountains to see ancient Buddhist buildings. The beauty is better expressed in all the pictures taken, than in a mediocre description of the scene. Suffice to say, it was quite a change from the bustle and density of the city.

The nightlife was much more serene than the previous night. After a pleasant catered dinner, a bunch of us decided to try the local sauna. "Hey guys, guess what I brought! More dudes!" Ancient Rome knew what was up when it came to public bathing; it's too bad the desegregation has not spread. I was disappointed, but then I can't help it if I'm progressive. The baths themselves were very relaxing, and before too long we could go from an 80C steam room to a 15C cold bath with little discomfort. As John commented (and I would experimentally confirm later), it would be a perfect hangover remedy.

Nights in Kyeongju to date: 2
Nights spent at least in part drinking in front of a convenience store: 2

Final thought: Color-cycling LED arrays in concrete tiles are ingenious, and will probably make their way into my bathroom floor one day.

No comments: